Is there such a thing as ‘Too much makeup’?
By Michael M’mata
Yes, there can be such a thing as “too much makeup.” It is a matter of personal preference and what looks good on an individual.
However, over-applying makeup can make a person look unnatural or unbalanced, and can also cause skin irritation or clogged pores.
Additionally, using too many heavy makeup products can be bad for the skin over time.
It is important to find a balance that works for you and to take care of your skin underneath the makeup.
Tips to help you avoid too much makeup:
1. Start with a clean slate: Before applying makeup, make sure your skin is clean and well-moisturized. This will help your makeup go on smoothly and evenly.
2. Use a light hand: When applying makeup, use a light hand and build coverage gradually. This will help you achieve a natural look without overdoing it.
3. Less is more: Remember the saying “less is more” when it comes to makeup. It is easy to get carried away with different products, but using too many can make your look appear heavy and unnatural.
4. Focus on one feature: Instead of applying makeup to your entire face, choose one feature to focus on and make that the focal point of your look.
5. Use a mirror: Check your makeup in a mirror throughout the day to make sure it still looks natural and balanced.
6. Cheap is expensive. If you want to look good, you will need to invest, which means you buy good makeup, which might cost you more , but will be worth it.
7. Use Primer.
8. Take off your makeup before bedtime: Removing your makeup before bedtime will keep your pores clean and help your skin to breathe.
9. Regularly exfoliate and hydrate your skin: Exfoliating and hydrating your skin will help keep it looking healthy and refreshed, so you may need less makeup to achieve your desired look.
10. Know your skin tone and use the right products for your skin colour.
11. Use the right tools when applying your make up , to help mix and blend well.
Make-up is good, give it its due and it will serve you well, abuse it and you will be the one to cry at the end.