• May 27, 2024
  • Last Update May 26, 2024 7:22 PM
  • Nairobi

11 killed, over 2,000 households affected by floods in Narok South since heavy rains began

11 killed, over 2,000 households affected by floods in Narok South since heavy rains began

Narok,

Thursday May 9 2024,

KNA by John Kaleke

Eleven people have lost their lives and over 2000 displaced by floods in Narok south sub county since the heavy rains began.

According to Narok South deputy County commissioner, Felix Kisalu out of the 11 fatalities, four are family members killed by mudslides in Sagamian, while another two were struck dead by lightning in Ngoben area.

Kisalu said others include two children killed by mudslides in Chepalungu while the remaining three drowned.

“It is painful to lose lives of our people, this is a big number and we don’t want to lose more lives,” added Kisalu.

The displaced households, the administrator added were moved to safer areas including schools and churches.

Kisalu said the National government, county government and other partners such as the Red Cross had been supplying foodstuffs to the affected families.

He urged residents to continue being vigilant and move away from areas prone to flooding.

Courtesy; KNA

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *